Digital Mind

Thursday, September 14, 2006

iTunes I hate you!


Now... those of you who have discusses media players with me know I fucking hate iTunes. That being said I was ready to give iTunes 7 a big bowl of love after hearing that it had integrated the CD artwork view. I eagerly downloaded iTunes 7. I rebooted and itunes 7 started up no problem upon entering the OS. I was slightly disappointed after I told it to search for artwork. I'm a fan of electronic music and electronic music is notoriously difficult to track down cover art for. Didn't really find any new cover art, but I'm alright with that. It's what I expected.

I noticed that it seemed to take awhile for iTunes to launch. I've tried about 5 times now and conservative estimate would have iTunes on PC taking 2 to 3x as long to load as Media Player 11 beta 2.

I like the cover art view. It's a good feature and one that makes me happy. I would be happier still if I could figure out how to make iTunes not group my albums by artist and instead by um... ALBUM. See attached picture. If anyone knows how to do this I would be most appreciative.

My final beef with iTunes 7 is this... it doesn't fucking run on my Mac anymore. Maybe it's some sort of weird time bomb thing where you only get one use and that's it. Whenever I try to launch I now recieve a message telling me I don't have enough memory. Perhaps I should check the minimum system requirements and see if iTunes requires more than 2GB of RAM now.

Fuck off iTunes!

For more iTunes playa hatin check this out:
http://www.engadget.com/2006/09/14/itunes-7-turning-out-to-have-major-glitches/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home