Digital Mind

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Good news day

The world has way too much bad news in it. Iraq, Afghanistan, Taliban, Iran, North Korea, nukes, Al-Qaeda, 16 year old pages, etc. I could go on and on. I read this today on Scott Adam's Dilbert blog. I had no idea he lost his voice permanently 18 months ago. I've read about Scott being an optimist before, but reading his story on how he dealt with knowing he had lost his voice permanently made me smile. Beware, it's a good story and his readers leave their good news and stories in the comments section.

As regular readers of my blog know, I lost my voice about 18 months ago. Permanently. It’s something exotic called Spasmodic Dysphonia. Essentially a part of the brain that controls speech just shuts down in some people, usually after you strain your voice during a bout with allergies (in my case) or some other sort of normal laryngitis. It happens to people in my age bracket.


Dilbert blog

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home